Bottle Bets

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
I am perhaps taking a chance on a bottle for my Pepsi cap and label. I theorized that
Chas Wilson out of Toronto was bottling Pepsi following F. P. Hinds first venture in
1925. I saw a quart bottle listed as being from the 1920s, with Chas Wilson embossed
on the neck. Yes, this is consistent with other rare finds, but is the 1920s date accurate?
Here is a mid 1940s Wilson bottle, also containing Pepsi. The bottle is clear and the
neck embossed as previously described. I would suggest they used this style for many
years once coloured "flint" glass became outmoded. I can neither confirm or refute.
I was hoping a Chas Wilson collector would debunk my theory but no one has stepped
up yet. I could easily place this bottle in the late 1920s to the mid 1930s.

s-l500-1.jpg

Although I was suspicious upon initial examination, a closer look brought some interesting
features to light. I can highly magnify the images online. The base of the following bottle
may have feathering which was not produced until the 1960s in Canadian bottles. However
it may not be nothing but the reflection of the vendors sign card which has corrugated cardboard
attached to their name label. Only one angle shows this. Other angles show heel embossing and
mold seams consistent with bottle from the late 1920s.

s-l140.jpg
1725894192819.png
1725894232107.png

It's on its way so I guess time will tell. That's theories for you.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artsy