Guinness Bottle. Can anyone give me any history and value of this bottle, I have been all over the Internet and not found a thing.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah that label looks suspiciously white for one as old as that. Hard to tell without higher-res photos if it's a real NOS label or just a modern reproduction. Even without the label being correct it's still a nice internal thread soda bottle though.

John Russell

Reaction score
Yeah that label looks suspiciously white for one as old as that. Hard to tell without higher-res photos if it's a real NOS label or just a modern reproduction. Even without the label being correct it's still a nice internal thread soda bottle though.
I think the label has faded due to the bottle been washed several times.
It has been suggested that the bottle is could be sold without the label and the label sold separately, the big issue is that I don't know how to remove the label without damaging it. Also I don't have a clue how much I should advertise it for.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Take a razor blade on angle, almost flat against bottle & slowly work your way under label to remove it. give it a try. As for Price maybe throw on ebay for $9.99 opening Bid & no reserve & see what happens? Good Luck. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think the label has faded due to the bottle been washed several times.
It has been suggested that the bottle is could be sold without the label and the label sold separately, the big issue is that I don't know how to remove the label without damaging it. Also I don't have a clue how much I should advertise it for.
I was more referring to the colour of the paper, which would typically be expected to have gone yellow at this point. I don't think yellowed paper becomes white no matter how many times you wash it, though I admit I've never tried.

dano2l

Reaction score
Is there any chance a Guinness bottler (or pub?) refilled an old bottle and slapped a label on it?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.