jewels from the river

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

arthur

Reaction score
It's been a while since I have found such a nice piece. I call these jewels from the river. This I found with some bottles while diving yesterday on the 4th. It is a small tray with a baby chick embossed. It was a W with something that looks like a horseshoe around the W. I don't know how old but it looks good on the shelf.

F48F62D94C4641D2913ABEDA6ABCFAFB.jpg

Attachments

• F48F62D94C4641D2913ABEDA6ABCFAFB.jpg
    F48F62D94C4641D2913ABEDA6ABCFAFB.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 85

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Cool plate wow that thing is sparkling!what did you do power wash it? [8D] Ohhhh that's right it was washed before you found it [;)]

Stardust

Reaction score
That is a jewel a great find I'd love to see more jewels.

Brains

Reaction score
i know a W with a G inter-twined is the west-morland symbol, but there is probably a couple other glass houses with that mark.

Stardust

Reaction score
I don't know why arthur that plate brings back a memory of my Nana and I don't know why.
She''s another person that I loved so very much and was an important person in my life.
I got her button tin full of buttons after she past away. It was my toy as a little girl. I would sit and string them for hours on end..... But evey time I look at that plate I think of my Nana. I'll have to ask around and see if anyone else remembers a piece like that. It's funny I bought a Big Ben Antique clock just like her's at an estate sale just because I love hearing the ticking and she loved her's. I guess I feel I have a part of her with that clock. [;)]

arthur

Reaction score
Hey I dive in the new river in the mountains of sw va, It runs from NC through VA into WVA and then north. I live near the Va WVA borders the river goes right thrugh our town There are alot of underwater dumps and also a couple of places where the NFS RR dump also. Lot of history along it 30's to the 60's

BP49

Reaction score
I just started diving the St.Clair river here in Michigan. I am also new to bottle collecting. The area we are diving is one of the docking areas for some of the pasanger steam ships that use to sail between Detroit and Port Huron.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlucas33