Lions, Tigers and Bears. Oh My!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
I love collecting little pieces of history, especially if they have a personal relevance.
What I don't like, is being the target of unwanted ads. I like bottles, not bots. Who does?

Unknown-7.jpeg
Unknown-6.jpeg
Unknown-8.jpeg

Although I am a Leo by horoscopic definition, I am also attracted to lion figures, especially
ones used as symbols of English and Ethiopian monarchies. And lets not forget Bob Marley,
my favourite musician, of whom I found out quite recently was my distant uncle! (seriously).

Unknown-2.jpeg

The Flying Tigers figured huge in my RCAF base brat beginnings and produced many
wonders including a book that I read as a youth and kept, and was once owned by my
future father in law! (seriously).

Unknown-1.jpeg

My post base brat days were in Ottawa, where I became a fan of the Ottawa 67s and
the Ottawa Rough Riders. Their red, black and white barber poles carried on a hundred
plus year old tradition. The Rough Riders started it all with their now iconic team colours.
When Teddy (the origin of the Teddy Bear) Roosevelt came home a hero from Cuba, the
world paid homage to him. We named out first football team in honour of Teddy! (seriously).

Unknown-3.jpeg

I chose the title of this post quite randomly and it was intended to garner the notice of the
bots that troll this and many other sites looking to promote their clients wares by offering
cookies and the like. At first this annoyed me as I have no use for the elastic sports lines
of Lululemon or the wonders of cosmetics containing wrinkle erasers. But now that I see
what is going on, and there is little I can do about it. I have taken the same approach as
when my phone rings off the hook with telemarketers.

Unknown-5.jpeg

"He's not home, there's only Zuul" I say. The line bristles with static and then they hang up abruptly.

Eventually they just stop calling. So to all you bots out there..."Zuul" is not buying your
trash either. If I want an ad, let it be from someone I've already contracted with, thank you.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoVo1023