Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HH White

Reaction score
Sorry about the last post, I was trying to see what is involved in posting a photo
and accidently sent a test. Great to be here. Hope to be involved in the future.
I have a range of stuff in my collection. Mostly early New England and some Mid-Western.

carobran

Reaction score
I was wondering about that[8|]....Welcome to the forum![;)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey HH,

Welcome to the Blue Pages. We'd love to see some photos and learn more about your collection.

There's a bit of a learning curve on the photo thing for some of our new members. You'll find some hopefully helpful hints on posting stuff right here: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Help---Using-the-Forum/forumid-28/tt.htm

weegee_sammys43.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Surf is close to infringement of ABN bylaws with the posting of this snapshot.. but what the hell, it's 2012.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Surf is close to infringement of ABN bylaws with the posting of this snapshot.. but what the hell, it's 2012.

So midgets wearing diapers drinking beer with buckets on their heads are illegal now? What has this place come to?! Do we have any rights at all anymore? [:-]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Is that a bucket?? I thought it was a party hat.. [8D]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Connor,

That's an iconic photo to people a bit older than I. It was taken by Arthur "Weegee" Felig

med_weegee-in-coventry-1963-richard-sadler-frps-richard-sadler-frps-courtesy-of-the-national-media-museum-jpg.jpg

weegee_on_balcony.jpg

"Austrian photographer and photojournalist, Arthur Fellig, came to notoriety in the 1930′s and 40′s as a press photographer while working in the lower East Side of New York City. His most notable photo’s came from his work on crime scenes,

Fellig worked incredibly quickly and efficiently, earning him the nickname “Weegee†– a phonetic rendering of “Ouija†– because of his prescient arrivals at scenes only minutes after crimes. He practically lived out of his Chevy, where he had converted the back seat into a homemade darkroom. A self-taught photographer, Fellig was economical with his equipment, most of which was “very basic press photographer equipment and methods of the era, a 4×5 Speed Graphic camera preset at f/16, @ 1/200 of a second with flashbulbs and a set focus distance of ten feet.†This provided an instantaneous result to his photography that gave the impression of a “hot off the press†sensation." From.

weegee_hot_dog.jpg
weegee_hats_over_faces.jpg

weegee_jerry_lewis.jpg
weegee_the_critic.jpg

weegee_theatre_infrared.jpg
weegee_japan_surrenders.jpg
From.

Weegee_01_body.jpg

HH White

Reaction score
Here is a photo attempt. I spent 40 minutes resizing it on a friday night
While I should be having a drink or two.

F6BA082A3699483183444E1D87C7CEC7.jpg

Attachments

• F6BA082A3699483183444E1D87C7CEC7.jpg
    F6BA082A3699483183444E1D87C7CEC7.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 88

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member