One Day Haul

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
I had found a spot after Hurricane Sandy hit Jersey, not 2013, but a year later in 2014. All of these bottles were washed up about 200 yards from the beach in piles and piles of broken trees, flotsam, and jetsam. All were visual surface finds and intact. I found twenty-five blob top beers that day!

Attachments

• EF19C940-1EBD-4AEA-8672-52692A51B3D0.jpeg
    EF19C940-1EBD-4AEA-8672-52692A51B3D0.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 159

slugplate

Reaction score
Got any close up photos of the beers?
Click on the photo, go to "view" on your computer menu bar and click on "maximize photo". But, sorry, I don't have any closeups.

RCO

Reaction score
had they dumped garbage out in the ocean near where you lived ? that might explain how so many got out there , some cities near the coast did that years ago , take it out by barge and dump it , think New York City did years ago

slugplate

Reaction score
had they dumped garbage out in the ocean near where you lived ? that might explain how so many got out there , some cities near the coast did that years ago , take it out by barge and dump it , think New York City did years ago
Yes. Prior to stricter garbage dumping laws, NYC dumped their garbage in Raritan Bay or a few miles off of the coast. I live in an area of Central Jersey where I can look across Raritan Bay and see NYC. Good call.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 143

photolith

Reaction score
So basically if you could somehow scuba dive out there you could find tens of thousands of epic bottles. Too bad you the water is probably super murky and probably over 400ft deep... although if those bottles got washed up they must have been pretty shallow.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
That's a great way to find a lot of old bottles without having to dig too much. But it's terrible what previous generations did to the environment with dumping things in such places. I guess if they dumped it in the ocean it was out if sight out of mind to them.

slugplate

Reaction score
So basically if you could somehow scuba dive out there you could find tens of thousands of epic bottles. Too bad you the water is probably super murky and probably over 400ft deep... although if those bottles got washed up they must have been pretty shallow.
No doubt! If you look at my map above, you'll see a river below the red highlighted Sandy Hook. Local divers come up with blobs, hutches, pony blobs, whiskeys... you name it. It's a rich waterway for good bottles.

slugplate

Reaction score
Only in the summer is it murky, lots of boat traffic and swimmers. It is relatively shallow too. I was with my ex-brother in law, probably twenty years ago, who is a diver and he dove a spot 12 miles off shore and only 90'-100' of water.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu