Rare Pepsi?!! I really need some insight!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I found this digging at a 1920s dump. It is chipped on the best side unfortunately, but I could not find anything on the bottle type or bottling plant. The bottle is heel embossed "Pepsi-Cola Bott. Co. New London, Conn" on one side and "Contents 12 FL. OZ." On the other. The base has a faint "R in a triangle mark" (Reed glass co?). It is also textured on the heel and neck. I have never seen this bottle and neither have some fellow local collectors that I talked to.

20200318_163025.jpg

20200318_163038.jpg

20200318_163043.jpg

20200318_163139.jpg

If anyone has any information on this bottle's rarity, value, or history please tell me! I believe that it dates to the late 1920s early 1930s?

Thanks,
PlaneDiggerCam

yacorie

Reaction score
I don’t know the answer but I’m wondering if this could be Pepsi’s version of the Coca Cola bottles you can find?

i Coca Cola bottling company Middletown CT bottles frequently in local dumps dating to a similar timeframe. I’ve always been told they are bottles produced for other flavors that Coca Cola produced and not coke.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
I don’t know the answer but I’m wondering if this could be Pepsi’s version of the Coca Cola bottles you can find?

i Coca Cola bottling company Middletown CT bottles frequently in local dumps dating to a similar timeframe. I’ve always been told they are bottles produced for other flavors that Coca Cola produced and not coke.

Yeah, I have found the flavor bottles produced by coca-cola of New London CT, but I have never seen any Pepsi bottles like them from New London or any other place in CT. There is lots on the coke bottling plant in New London, but nothing for Pepsi.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah almost certainly a flavour bottle. Still could be a very rare flavour bottle if the local collectors have never seen it!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
If a coke was written in script the bottle held the real thing. Maybe because pepsi is In block lettering This bottle did hold a flavor soda other than pepsi-cola. Wish i could help more. Nice bottle.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
UPDATE: According to the Pepsi-Cola collectors club, this bottle was used during the 1930s where bottlers had different designs for Pepsi bottles before there was a set standard design. There would have also been a paper label on this bottle. He said it is most likely a hard-to-find bottle! So basically I would say that this Pepsi bottle is a scarce one!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anitatee