"S in a hexagon" mark on FISHMAN or FISHMANN bottle - unknown mark

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DavidW

Reaction score
Hi group,
In the interest of posting this on the site just for "documentation" sake, I thought it might be good to post this and to have it archived for future reference.
I figured with a wider audience here, sooner or later someone might eventally run across a tidbit of information that could help clue us in on the enigmatic "S inside a Hexagon" mark.

This shard (of an unidentified clear machine-made bottle base) was found in an archeological excavation in the San Diego area in 2013. (Photo below of the "S in a hexagon shard" is courtesy of researcher Carol Serr).

No one has been able to find out exactly what that mark stands for (possibly a short-lived glass factory?), or even what company or brand name the "FISHMAN" represents. Perhaps a obscure California firm?? The bottle shard is believed to date from *sometime* in the 1915-1935 time period.
Have ANY of you bottle diggers (especially in CA or the Western states) EVER seen ANY bottle of ANY type with an "S in a hexagon" mark on the bottom??? Thanks for any and all feedback!

PS. (Sorry for this plug, but while I'm at it, I will include a link to a page on my site with a number of other "Unknown" marks seen on glass. If anyone can reveal the identity of any of these, please let us know!!!

Attachments

• S in a hexagon - mark on FISHMAN or FISHMANN bottle shard - Carol Serr.jpg
    S in a hexagon - mark on FISHMAN or FISHMANN bottle shard - Carol Serr.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi