Value on this full 1963 tab?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Just Dig it

Reaction score
is it possible for this to still be carbonated? because it seems to still have some carbonation left lol
Below is the first issue of Tab Diet soda by coca cola.1963..it is ful and in really nice condition
i love this bottle because i collect pretty much anything from that time period..eames furniture etc..(you know that couch your grandma or maybe parents had and no one ever liked lol)

but i do not have somewhere to display it and leaving it on a coffe table is scary the thought of a younger relative going for a quick drink and runing what i think some collector should own...

so my question is ...whats it worth? are they common unopened do to their asthetics?
do leave feedback im interested

thank you all .. Eric Jayy

Just Dig it

Reaction score
silly me.....picture!
tab.jpg

wonkapete

Reaction score
Hey Eric.. nice bottle.. but not worth a lot. $5-$10

Yea, they look nice sitting around... put it up on a shelf and enjoy it!

digdug

Reaction score
Enjoy it BUT don't drink it!! I opened a 1980 commemorative Coke bottle a year ago to make a lamp out of it for a friend. AS I was pouring it down the sink, I noticed it still had fizz. So-I got the bright idea
m8.gif
to take one little taste. UGH
m13.gif
It was a very small amount-but I spit it out and it felt like my tongue was coated with some sort of nasty tasting grease. I could not rinse it off! I tried salt water, warm water, hot water, milk, anything handy in the kitchen, when I used about everything I could lay my hands on there-I made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and tonque, Listerine, hydrogen peroxide. It was days before that taste left me! I'll never do that again!!

LC

Reaction score
I have one of these either in a quart or a twenty four ounce , did have a set of six Tab drinking glasses as well, not for sure if I still have them or not. I can remember drinking quite a bit of Tab as well many moons ago !

digdug

Reaction score
Here are some of my TAB bottles. I've added to the collection since I took this picture. You can still find TAB at the grocery store around here. It really isn't to bad tasting.

D8FC68D3C84C452B8A03FDDBA885550A.jpg

Attachments

• D8FC68D3C84C452B8A03FDDBA885550A.jpg
    D8FC68D3C84C452B8A03FDDBA885550A.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 170

LC

Reaction score
You have a good collection of the Tabs. The only thing I can remember about drinking it, was that it definitely had a taste of its own. I would say Coca Cola has made a few pennies off of the sale of it over the years.

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Well thanks for letting me know i can leave it on the table lol
its next to some laurel lamps i snagged out of the trash = ) i think im gonna make shades to match the coke lol..thank you all = )

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J. Kim