ALLEN Mineral Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: druggistnut

OK, this is better. Good call, Jim

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/qt-blob-top-allen-mineral-water-bottle-western
That example sold for $22.40

pbennett

Reaction score
I picked up a small group of bottles this morning. This mineral water is the odd ball in the group. Has anyone seen this before? It is about a quart. The only other marking is a mold no and a letter on the base ( 535 / H ). Any information would be welcome.
George

9ED8D45B07464F30B548FF0FDB12C07F.jpg
Hi George, I came across your post in 2012 regarding an Allen Mineral Water Bottle. I know it has been quite a few years since you posted this bottle. Could this bottle be from the TN Allen’s Spring Water bottling company? In 1905 my Great-grandfather, T.N. Allen (Thomas Nathaniel Allen), bought the Duke Homestead, Durham, NC. The homestead was originally owned by James B. Duke, founder of American Tobacco Company. TN Allen continued to grow tobacco, however, he bought the farm because it had seven springs, built a spring house, and sold bottled water until he sold the spring water bottling company in 1914. TN died a few years later and his children sold the farm & springs in 1932 back to the Duke family. Today it is a state historic site. Duke University was founded and endowed by the Duke family in 1938. The Spring House remained standing until 1996 when Hurricane Fran hit the area and caused it to collapse.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC