WTS Amber Pepsi-Cola eBay Auction - Boston, Mass bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Figured I would post this here for any of the Pepsi collectors we have - I recently decided to sell the amber Pepsi-Cola I found earlier this year.

this is the B01-V1 variant, bottled out of Boston, Mass. According to the 1995 Pepsi Collectors book this bottle is a rarity 4, and many of the collectors I've asked have never seen a Boston one.

The auction is currently at $455 (as of this posting), and will end in 8 days (Sunday August 25th) at approximately 5PM.

Best of luck to everyone, and I'm glad to find a new home for this bottle!
Pepsi.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176526339453

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Bump - Final 24 hours have begun. Good luck!

hemihampton

Reaction score
whats the rarity of 4 equate to? is that one a 1 to 10 scale?

Sitcoms

Reaction score
whats the rarity of 4 equate to? is that one a 1 to 10 scale?
To be honest I'm not sure - I was provided the book screenshot from someone I know in a non-standard Pepsi collector group, and assumed the Pepsi collectors would know. I believe it's from the James Ayers collectors book, though I don't know if it's in volume 1 or 2. I'd guess it's a scale through 5 - all the previews I can find of the book list numbers 1-5 under any of their bottles.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
What'd it end up selling for?
nhpharm is correct, though now I'm at the mercy of eBay's very lackadaisical payment policy when it comes to auctions. Seeming more likely by the day that this buyer is skipping out.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Ugh. That always sucks...and of course there aren't really any repercussions for the buyer since you are unable to leave feedback that tells the real story! And the stuff never does quite as well the "second time around" because people assume (even if you explain the situation) people assume something is wrong with the bottle. Hopefully they will surface and pay!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Ugh. That always sucks...and of course there aren't really any repercussions for the buyer since you are unable to leave feedback that tells the real story! And the stuff never does quite as well the "second time around" because people assume (even if you explain the situation) people assume something is wrong with the bottle. Hopefully they will surface and pay!
Unfortunately it's part of the business. They buyer did respond to me and let me know that they were travelling, and that was the reason for non-payment - we'll see if they stay true to their word after this holiday weekend. eBay now lets me see who bid on the bottle, so if the buyer falls through I may just contact the second highest bidder and see if they would like to purchase for their bid price.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Ended up selling this to the second highest bidder from the auction for $700 - just about what I was expecting. Glad to have found it a new home!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyHippy88