anybody ever bought from this seller

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
Well I kind a interested with this bottle but what do you guys think:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161031197983?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D161031197983%26_rdc%3D1
I personally kind a confuse with his sentence: "Some items removed if not enough interest is shown" what was that supposed to mean??

nhpharm

Reaction score
It means that the seller will cancel the auction shortly before it is supposed to end if the item isn't bringing what he or she wants it to. In other words, even though there is not a reserve noted, the seller has a reserve in mind and won't sell for less than that...another way this happens is that they tell you the bottle broke while they were packaging it, ask you to cancel the transaction, and then you see it back on eBay a few days later. I've had that happen more times than I can count...must be some clumsy people out there!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
"Some items removed if not enough interest is shown" what was that supposed to mean??

I think it means if he hasnt got a bid by some point (last day or whatever) he will pull the auction.
I have seen a number of people say this in their auctions and it seems counterproductive to me.
You cant force people to bid on your stuff no matter what you say and people are always going to wait till the last day to bid, its just a fact of online bidding. If you are insecure about your auctions then either start them at your minimum asking price, use a reserve, or make it a buy it now. After all it is an AUCTION , is it not? Sometimes you win sometimes you dont.

One phrase that turns me off is "only serious bidders". What a stupid thing for a seller to say. I wont bid on any auction where I see crap like that.

Another meaningless fleabay auction phrase i see is "insurance added at buyers expense". Current fleabay rules say its the sellers' responsibility to get the item to the buyer so that text is bull-o-nee.

---end of rant ----

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
Uh-Oh in other words he can cancel the sell if the bidding price was to low?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the seller but it isn't always shady. I can see other reasons to do that like new information from people or a new flaw found. Sometimes it's better to cancel bids and a list rather than try to explain the problem later during the sale. It may not happen often enough in some cases.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC