Canada Bud bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
...the dots were to represent how many times they were sterilized and sent out again into circulation...or at least that's what the ol' timers claimed!
I have a hard time imagining how that could possibly be true. The dots are part of the embossing, and you can't re-emboss a bottle. If they were etched then maybe it could be true, but still wouldn't make much sense outside someone doing a study on use patterns. There isn't much use in knowing how many times a particular bottle was used anyway, that sort of info is only really important as aggregate data. Stubbies were also reused quite a few times, I think the average was around 10-15 times or so, far more than the number of dots embossed.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
My old timers claimed this not me...however, I have seen bottles re-embossed, the most famous being the 1907(6?) Toronto Coke....seen these with my own eyes....bottles arrived from the US for a plant in WACO that never opened...they did a botch job of removing the WACO and adding TORONTO....so bad that a
bunch were left with WACO TEX and used in Canada. All were found in a dig where the CN Tower etc is .

1_aaad088bffa74876b11f2c97f830bf7c.jpg

Now as for the dots...if you take a molten drop of glass and touch it to another piece of glass,
a dot appears when it cools. We used to play with glass and bunsen burners in chemistry
making bongs and stuff. (Not that it was the right thing to do, but it was the 70s you know) :)

bottlebugs

Reaction score
I would think so...they had wartime Brading's bottles too...because part
of the movie was actually filmed in Ottawa....I noticed that the Coke bottles
were green so either they used Canadian wartime bottles or just stuck to
their green American ones...Hollywood! BTW the actual brown bottles they used
were definitely American as all of ours were green long necks

It was neat because the location shots were at the cenotaph downtown, the Chateau
Laurier and the Uplands and Trenton air bases( also RCAF training facilities and still are)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rob2024sumter