Cornflower Blue Three-Piece Mold Mold Bottle - Maker's Mark ID and Etching, Help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I'm having trouble reading the maker mark on the base of this bottle. The letters to me look like K, B, and C but I'm really not sure. Does anyone know this mark and what glass company used it? Also, there are some marks etched on the shoulder of the bottle that look like l " 1 1/2. I'm thinking this might represent volume but that's just a guess. Finally, does anyone know when this bottle was made and what it was used for? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4522.jpeg
    IMG_4522.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4517.jpeg
    IMG_4517.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: Roy

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
SHA attributes the mark to Kilner Bros: https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/KilnerGlass.pdf although it seems to be a bit of a shaky attribution. Not sure what the scratched marks are there for, looks like the sort of thing you might see in laboratory use and I agree, most likely refers to volume. That style of top is typically seen on bottles which originally had poisonous contents, but hard to narrow down beyond that. Could have been used to store all sorts of things. It's a beautiful bottle by the way, that's a great shade of blue!

Reaction score
SHA attributes the mark to Kilner Bros: https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/KilnerGlass.pdf although it seems to be a bit of a shaky attribution. Not sure what the scratched marks are there for, looks like the sort of thing you might see in laboratory use and I agree, most likely refers to volume. That style of top is typically seen on bottles which originally had poisonous contents, but hard to narrow down beyond that. Could have been used to store all sorts of things. It's a beautiful bottle by the way, that's a great shade of blue!
Thanks, that's great information!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51