Damaged 1900 Macon Coca-Cola bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bamascavenger

Reaction score
Ok, This raises a serious issue for collectors and IF as you say he did not tell you they were repaired, he would have sold them as like found condition buyer unaware? What kind of seller would this be? I personally will be looking and asking now! This i would say hurts the bottle collecting, sure you may be saving an old bottle, but...it IS NOT the same OLD bottle? Like people making NEW old GERMAN WAR BADGES and selling them as made in 1944 and getting premium dollars for a fake! I would consider these FAKE BOTTLES! and they will hurt the trade if pawned off as REAL! If a bottle is repaired it should be told or is it BUYER BEWARE in all business and collectibles? Where is the INTEGRITY of sellers today? The old green is too much of an evil and they can turn their head if they get 100 dollars for a repaired bottle? Ok i am off my podium now....Just my 10 cents worth!!!

GeorgiaVol

Reaction score
I was wandering that very thing. I just want them to be better displays. As old and rare as these bottles are it is highly unlikely I will run across another one, but it would be nice to have better looking displays. I agree these would be considered "fake" bottles though. So I will diffinatly look VERY carefully at any bottle I am buying in the future. This has all been very good information that I'm sure all bottle collectors needed to know about.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC