Digging in Puerto Rico

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
So, the fam and I are going to Puerto Rico in a couple weeks. We'll be based in the Rincon area and will have a rental car. Wondering if anyone knows of any spots to snoop around for bottles. I remember there was someone posting bottles they found while scuba diving near Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, maybe there is a similar place in PR?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what you can find in Puerto Rico, I don't remember anyone from there ever posting on here. They've got some interesting bottles, I think it's the only place in the world which had ABM Hutchinsons. I imagine that the reason Guantanamo Bay is so good for bottles is largely because so few people are able to access it, but there are probably some pretty good spots in Puerto Rico too, just maybe not quite so easy. I've never been to Puerto Rico, but Playa de Ponce is the place which stands out most to me if you're going scuba diving, it's got a lot of history and isn't somewhere that will be frequented by scuba divers on vacation, plus it looks pretty safe for diving if you stick close to the town itself (where the bottles would most likely be).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuna