Dr. Pepper

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: Artesian crowntop Waco, Texas

Thats the way my `55 looks exactly.

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
Dr Pepper bottles

Below are some more rare Dr Pepper bottle, the 1955 Machine Made, Green
Crown Top, 10 OZS.
COMMENTS: Embossed (recessed into the
glass): This green glass bottle has the 50's slant
logo (no tail) and modified clock dial. The new
"50's" Logo and the modified clock dial with the
new logo running through it were major changes.
The "Good for Life" slogan was dropped with the new block style lettering, as was the period afterDr. It is marked: MIN. CONT.10 FL. OZ. These debossed Lettered 50's slanted logo bottles in the
10 oz. size are the most difficult of this series to find and absent from many collections. Most of thebottles originated in New Mexico and may have been a test of the 10 ounce bottle in that market.
This was the first attempt by the Dr Pepper Company to market Dr Pepper in multiple size containers.
This bottle was available in 6, 10, and 12 ounce sizes

AFCD822B41554C858806F569BB7891BD.jpg

Attachments

• AFCD822B41554C858806F569BB7891BD.jpg
    AFCD822B41554C858806F569BB7891BD.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 93

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
RE: Dr Pepper bottles

1955 Machine Made Crown Top, 12 OZ. Comments: Embossed (recessed into glass) is the 50's slant logo (no tail) with modified clock dial, green glass bottle. The new "50's" Logo and the Clock Dial with the new logo running through it were major changes. The"Good for Life" slogan was dropped with the new block style lettering, as was the period after Dr. It is marked: MIN.CONT. 12 Fl. Oz. These debossed 50's slanted logo bottles in the 12 oz. size are the third most difficult to find of the bottles in this series. Some of these bottles had the logo in the neck and some did not. This pic below shows the bottle with the logo in the neck.

024FE28CA9C84E7DAB60C1043752663A.jpg

Attachments

• 024FE28CA9C84E7DAB60C1043752663A.jpg
    024FE28CA9C84E7DAB60C1043752663A.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 98

Wheelah23

Reaction score

Are there any blobs or hutches with "Dr. Pepper" embossed on them? Those, I presume, would command a very high price.

I'm amazed you can keep track of all these variations! I can't hardly see no difference [8D]

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score

In this same section, I posted under "Dr Pepper super rare transistion bottles" and there are some hutch type bottles in it. There are pics and descripitions of their first bottles, a blop top, big mouth Twitchell and a Baltimore Loop bottle, Dr Pepper never had a hutch bottle. Dr Pepper was first bottled in 1891 in Waco, Texas under Artesian Man. & Bottling Co.
I helped write and had most of the bottles in the Dr Pepper Bottle and Price Guide that was out a few years ago. I was also writing a book on Morrsisons Old Corner Drug Store in Waco, Texas where Dr Pepper was born in 1895, but it is not been completed as of this date.

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score

Sorry about that, the Artesian bottles are on page no 1 of this post.

ORIGINAL: texas.bottle.man2

In this same section, I posted under "Dr Pepper super rare transistion bottles" and there are some hutch type bottles in it. There are pics and descripitions of their first bottles, a blop top, big mouth Twitchell and a Baltimore Loop bottle, Dr Pepper never had a hutch bottle. Dr Pepper was first bottled in 1891 in Waco, Texas under Artesian Man. & Bottling Co.
I helped write and had most of the bottles in the Dr Pepper Bottle and Price Guide that was out a few years ago. I was also writing a book on Morrsisons Old Corner Drug Store in Waco, Texas where Dr Pepper was born in 1895, but it is not been completed as of this date.

bottleopop

Reaction score

texas.bottle.man2 -

I was referring to a green 6½ oz with Good For Life on it with the clock hands pointing at 10, 2, and 4. Exactly like the photo morbious_fod posted. The picture you posted is of the later non-GoodForLife type. (That one looks like a 4 in the '6 position' like on the ACL ones.)

So, the sub-series of embossed 6oz and 6.5oz is (I think):
The colorless embossed 6.5oz with a clock
The colorless de-bossed 6.5oz with a clock and either small or large "GOOD FOR LIFE" in the banner
The greenish de-bossed 6.5oz with a clock and "GOOD FOR LIFE" in the banner
The greenish de-bossed 6.0oz with a clock and "GOOD FOR LIFE" in the banner
The greenish de-bossed 6.0oz with a modified clock with no hands and without any "GOOD FOR LIFE" banner

Is that about right?

MIdigger

Reaction score

That 55 you posted is like the one I have as I said the numbers are as you stated Tex. And the logo is slanted as you picture shows. Its prob a 6-6-1/2 oz bottle its not very big. Any idea on the price range? It does have the duraglass logo on the base also.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
RE: Artesian crowntop Waco, Texas

ORIGINAL: texas.bottle.man2

My bottle does not have a town/state on it, just the no. 51 and that's all. The no 51 indicates that is the year this green 6-1/2 oz bottle was made and the only year it was made. After that DP went to the 6 oz green bottle it still has the clock dial on the back, but the hands do not point to 10, 2, and 4.
They point to 10, 2, and 6 for some reason.

Yeah the first one of these that I found only had a date on it as well, no town name, and was made by Owens Illinois Glass. Luckily I have found one from Bluefield, VA and one from Marion, VA. If there is a chance that all bottlers at that time received this transition bottle then there should also be a Johnson City, Tenn and a Coeburn, VA from my area. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k II