Favorite NJ bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
My favorite bottle from Belmar, Stratford Inn N.W Croxson
16127782627_f37a90a866.jpg

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Getting some of my stuff out of the garage and back on the shelves where they belong! Thought I'd share some pictures of my favorites I had packed away. 4 South Jersey blobsChas G Franck Wheat Road Station, J.W Kirschoff Bridgeton, N.D Pasquale Main Ave, A Matinelli
16673965745_d0909ced53.jpg
Minotola

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Atlantic City Bottling works Atlantic City NJ, Kensington Bottling Works Long Branch NJ, M. Barrett Asbury Park NJ, H.W Brice Long Branch, NJ
16051652354_b3717abeaa.jpg

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
S.W Haysman Long Branch NJ phoenix lip, Another M Barrett Asbury Park NJ, Wm R Jernee Spring Lake NJ, John Heldt Long Branch NJ
16466685327_1d15858f09.jpg

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Now some color, will take more pics later John Heldt Long Branch NJ, C Krueger Newark NJ, W.A French Red Bank NJ, Lemleck and Betz Jersey City NJ
16672952712_1910e861fb.jpg

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Neat bottles you have shown us. I am onto a kick of bottles that were made in the three mold method. They fascinate me because when the bottom cup mold piece was made, they couid not chill the iron casting hole mold wall cast iron. But they could chill the shoulder mold cavities. This created bottles with cold mold ripple in the lower portion glass solidification. Chilling the iron creates a dendritic carbon structure in the iron the glass touches. This causes the mold surface to stay hotter and the glass harden more uniform in thickness. The unchilled iron moves the heat to fast in plain iron with scattered carbon clusters. RED M.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Thanks Red! Some very good information there on 3 piece mold bottles! As far as uniform in thickness, I've noticed out of all the bottles I have, the most invariable bottles as far as thickness goes are hutter blobs. Very little changes texture wise, but other smaller glass companies that produced blob tops and other closures aren't as consistent with the quality of the bottle. There will always be minor imperfections with any glass company but out of all Hutter blobs are made the best.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.