Finally Got a Perfection Gingerale!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lbrewer42

Reaction score
Ever since 2012 I have had ebay email for any Perfection Gingerale bottle posted. Until last week 3 1/2 had been put on there and I missed them. After 12 years of waiting, I finally got one. I have posted info on the cobalt blue Citro bottles that are the little brother of these very rare Perfection Gingerale bottles. They have a very interesting background. So here is a picture of my group. Note since 2007 there have been a total of 9 citro bottles put up for sale on ebay. It gives a sense for how hard the lineup in the picture is to put together.

Attachments

• Perfection_Gingerale_&_Citros.jpg
    Perfection_Gingerale_&_Citros.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Perfection_Gingerale_Bottle_3.jpg
    Perfection_Gingerale_Bottle_3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • Perfection_Gingerale_Bottle_11.jpg
    Perfection_Gingerale_Bottle_11.jpg
    916.7 KB · Views: 42

embe

Reaction score
Interesting, can't say I've heard or seen one before

Lbrewer42

Reaction score
Few people have b/c the owner of the company, inventor of Bromo-seltzer, made the Perfection Gingerale (and made the bottles as well b/c he owned Maryland Glass Co.) and it was sold only at Brooklandwood Springs (his property/business as well). This was all in Baltimore. I have talked with many Baltimore diggers asking if they ever dug the little bother of this (the Citro bottes shown) and have had very few say they have ever seen or dug one of the Citros and never talked to anyone who dug a Perfection Gingerale. It seems the bottles were to remain on property when sold so they could be refilled. This is likely why even locals have not dug them. I have to wonder if there is even a dump with them someplace b/c the owner may have recycled the cobalt blue glass as cullet in his glass company. Maryland Glass Co made an awful lot of the cobalt bue glass we know of.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen