Galveston Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

leniego!

Reaction score
Been a while since I posted a dig here so figured I'd get one up. Went digging last Sunday and ended up digging 5 holes. First was a trash pit-found one local pharmacy bottle. Second through fourth holes were duds...stuff was too new (1930's). Fifth hole was a nice 4' x 4' x 6' privy loaded with glass from 1900-1915 or so. Mostly broken, but I did rustle up 4 more local pharmacy bottles, a couple local hutch sodas, a very hard to find large Galveston brewing bottle (these commonly come in a smaller size but this larger (quart?) size is the first intact one I have dug in 7 years), and a super hard to find Galveston flask...also the first of this variation I have dug in 7 years. A super hole and I'm aching to get back out and do some more digging this coming weekend!
Do you think some of these finds were buried during the hurricane in 1900? Really interesting!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Went out last weekend and dug a few holes in the rain. My first hole was a dud, but my two sons dug an enormous hole and managed to pull out a few neat things, including a very rare amber pharmacy bottle from Castleton in Galveston (in two pieces, but glueable for sure and the first we have ever dug). They also poked around under an old house and rustled up 3 hutch sodas under there as well as a a super rare 3 Rivers RC Cola bottle. Meanwhile I worked on a privy I found that was full of bricks from top to bottom...miserable digging but was absolutely full of whiskey bottles, including a full wooden crate of 1/4 pint pumpkinseed flasks. The real prize from there was an etched soda siphon from Marschner with an eagle...super rare and one I had never dug before. Over the moon on that one. Anyways, a very good day!

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0408.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0409.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0410.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0411.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 20

HouTxSoda

Reaction score
Nice find with the R C Cola bottle. Does it have anything else embossed on it? Thanks!

nhpharm

Reaction score
It says "Property of Nehi Bottling Co." around the heel and on the base "Contents/12 Fl. Oz./3R* 7".

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles