Glass lids

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RyGuy73

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to the age or what these lids go to? I found them all in the same creek. The big one doesn't have any embossing, but there is a seem across the diameter. The chipped one has a pinkish tint and says "Pat. April 10 1900" on the inside. The small one says "Ball No. 10" and there appears to be a "93" on the outer rim.

Attachments

• all3lids.jpg
    all3lids.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 55
  • AprilLid.jpg
    AprilLid.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Ball10.jpg
    Ball10.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 57
  • biglid.jpg
    biglid.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 51

Skoda

Reaction score
The "big one" looks to me like it's almost certainly a footed wine glass/stemware that's missing the rest of it.

RyGuy73

Reaction score
The "big one" looks to me like it's almost certainly a footed wine glass/stemware that's missing the rest of it.
I'm not much of a wine drinker so I hadn't considered that as a possibility. Do the bases of wine glasses typically have a seam across the diameter?

Skoda

Reaction score
I'm not much of a wine drinker so I hadn't considered that as a possibility. Do the bases of wine glasses typically have a seam across the diameter?
Absolutely! A lot of non-premium stemware during the mid 1800's-1900's used 2-part bimal molds, especially when full machine-made automation became the standard. I've found broken stemware bases that look just like that while exploring riverbeds and dump sites.

crusher

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to the age or what these lids go to? I found them all in the same creek. The big one doesn't have any embossing, but there is a seem across the diameter. The chipped one has a pinkish tint and says "Pat. April 10 1900" on the inside. The small one says "Ball No. 10" and there appears to be a "93" on the outer rim.
Looking for a clear Beaver button lid if anyone has one.

crusher

Reaction score
Looking for a clear Beaver button lid if anyone has one
IMG_2601.jpeg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenwhisky