Glovers Imperial Mange Remedy Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

east texas terry

Reaction score
Dug this yesterday
IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_2084.JPGIMG_2085.JPG

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi ETT,
There are several Glover animal products. This one looks real enough*. Nice find. Congrats.
*- One has been reproduced. Its a darn good repro too. Not a mange cure and it was green glass. There might have been a thread here, but not positive where I read it less than a year ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy

east texas terry

Reaction score
Hi ETT,
There are several Glover animal products. This one looks real enough*. Nice find. Congrats.
*- One has been reproduced. Its a darn good repro too. Not a mange cure and it was green glass.
I have dug lots of good bottle out this dump

willong

Reaction score
The past few years, Columbian black-tailed deer (Odocoileus hemionus columbianus) in this Olympic Peninsula neighborhood have appeared to be in fine condition...
1667319707175.png

...despite their burgeoning population. (There were actually four young bucks--left antler and portion of the back of a third animal is visible through the slats of the trailer behind the deer on the left--plus a doe in the bunch below. I just couldn't follow quickly enough to capture a group shot.)

1667320134848.jpeg

However, during some past years a few have looked to be in sore need of such a product as Glover's. Likewise for the coyotes. I've occasionally seen some that were so shockingly denuded that they elicited thoughts of el Chupacabra.

Glovers Imperial Mange Remedy seems to have been a pretty popular product judging by how often it turns up in digs widely spread across North America (I have little to judge by for other continents as I'm not wealthy to travel for bottle digging--maybe after tomorrow night's PowerBall:p--and I haven't watched very many YouTube videos of digs for locations outside of N.A.)

In western Washington, decades ago, I dug one of the mange remedy bottles that has a tooled lip. Presumably, it would thus have been manufactured prior to implementation of the federal Pure Food and Drug act (effective 1 January 1907).

I hadn't contemplated the circumstances previously, but the fact that Glover's product was marketed as a "remedy" causes me to commend, albeit exceptionally belatedly, H. Clay Glover for ethical advertising in a time rife with outrageous claims by manufacturers and hawkers of bogus "cures."

Terry, I will post a photo of my Glover's bottle later--it's drying in the dishrack at the moment--which doesn't have the contents quantity embossed on the shoulder like yours does.

WL

hemihampton

Reaction score
Willong, Your right, it was a pretty popular product judging by how often it turns up in digs. I've dug a few myself. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christine Stanford