Gosman's Ginger ale bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lestweforget

Reaction score
Good morning and thank you for allowing me to join... I'm new to bottle collecting and any help will always be appreciated!
I have attached some photos of a round shaped Gosman's Ginger Ale bottle but can't seem to find any information about it. I know it was made after 6/30/06 because of Patent date on the label but that's it! I couldn't find out anything about the company itself other than it filed for bankruptcy at some point and was sued for an unpaid water bill!
Can anyone shed some light on this one? How rare is it? Value?
Again, much appreciated!
IMG_2136.jpeg
IMG_2138.jpeg
IMG_2137.jpeg

John
IMG_2139.jpeg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That's a great find! It's often hard to find much information on the smaller companies, which yours likely was if they weren't able to pay their water bills. In terms of rarity it's very likely the only one in existence. Value is very hard to determine for something like that, the only way to find out for sure would be to put it up for auction on Ebay. It'll depend a lot on how many collectors of early 20th century Baltimore soda bottles are out there who want this one for their collection. Don't expect to retire off of it though, while labeled bottles are very frequently unique there are still a LOT of different ones out there, so that keeps the value from getting that high unless there's some additional factor which makes it unusually desirable.

Lestweforget

Reaction score
Many thanks! Guess I'll cancel the order on my new Corvette! I was able to get several (what I think) are very old bottles but wasn't sure how to get information on them. One lead, lead to another and here I am! I'm going to post a couple that I think date back to the mid-1800's. The operative words are "I think"!
Again, much appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi