great diving spot

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

arthur

Reaction score
During the week my old engineer retired friend stopped by and said he would show me another spot on the river by another old trestle that back in the 30's there had been a RR derailment and the caboose was stuck in the middle of that trestle. The RR pushed the caboose into the river and as far as he knew it was still there. I could not wait. I found an old dirt road to the trestle. After setting up safety lines I swam to the middle of the trestle and dove down. 45 feet of fairly clear water and there it was an old reddish orange caboose laying on its side. I'll work this location all summer. the back door of the caboose is open door gone.I went inside a little as I am going to seriously check it out tomorrow bring back anything I find, hopefully some bottles. I,ll post pictures tomorrow night. Been there all morning and getting ready to going back now. Camping there all night to get an early start. Post tomorrow night. Arthur

84C45CA8545D400B8AFC5CD732961180.gif

Attachments

• 84C45CA8545D400B8AFC5CD732961180.gif
    84C45CA8545D400B8AFC5CD732961180.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 87

Wilkie

Reaction score
too bad you couldn't get some underwater pictures. It would be great to see that old caboose.

T D

Reaction score
Awwh man Arthur, you're killin' me. Two favorites together, trains and bottles! I've decided that I'm gonna sneak away to your neck of the woods and come see all that cool stuff you do. Gotta see pics of this. You have got to go buy a desposable underwater camera and get some pictures.

BP49

Reaction score
Vary cool. Arthur, wreck diving in the Great Lakes is my favorite activity followed by diving for bottles and stuff in the St.Clair River. While not a shipwreck, a sunken caboose would be a cool dive. Be careful going inside of that thing. Be sure to run a line. I am with everyone else Take picture. I have an old 35 mm Sea Life U/W camera you can borrow. Send me a PM if you want me to ship it down to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlucas33