Haviland & Co. Druggists New York Charleston Augusta

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wessonsmom

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm new to the forum & I guess new to bottle collecting. :)

I am in GA. My husband & a friend were walking around the woods at hunting camp yesterday, looking for some new spots for their stands for the next season when my husband came across this bottle near a cemetery on the property. He brought it home to show me & I was completely intrigued by it. I've done some searches online, but are not finding a whole lot of anything except a couple of photos from collectors, but no information or historIy. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the history or value of it. The little bit of information I've found points to it being pre-1900s, but again, I haven't found much.

The bottle says "HAVILAND & CO. DRUGGISTS NEW YORK CHARLESTON AUGUSTA. It is just shy of 8" tall & has an oval bottom. There are no other markings anywhere else on the bottle.

I couldn't get a good photo, but I found one online. The one my husband found yesterday is just like the small, clear one pictured.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! :)

-Mara W.

FD9275F9CAAE4D4196BDCCCE8ED15E13.jpg

Attachments

• FD9275F9CAAE4D4196BDCCCE8ED15E13.jpg
    FD9275F9CAAE4D4196BDCCCE8ED15E13.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 56

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome, nice find for taking a walk. I don't know much but someone else might. I think they go back to the 1850's though. Is it open pontil?
I hope you can get some pictures of yours.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51