Help--Bottle pictures to share

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

spot34

Reaction score
Dear Kat (and Digger),
Thanks for the direction. I'm surprised that embossed bottles would be more desirable because I figured that unembossed would be older, but I guess that is not necessarily so. I Regarding scarcity, what if you can't find any bottles out there that relate to a specific product that you have? I have some soda bottles, for example, from St. Louis (I'm in St. Louis), and I can't find anything. I suppose I can take a different approach and look up old St. Louis businesses, right? Do you know a resource where I would go up historical business info?

I understand about value, too, that it's only worth what someone would pay. We like just learning about them from a historical perspective, but I'd sure hate to disregard one that is particularly valuable.

Thanks, Kat and Diggerboy, for being so generous in sharing your knowledge with me. There is so much to know and it's really fascinating.

Janet

kastoo

Reaction score
Hey chip or not that's still great! I'd keep it! I bet it would sell too.

spot34

Reaction score
Katsoo,
Yep. I think it's great too, and absolutely I'll keep it. It's history.

Janet

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Janet,
RE:St. Louis area bottles research.You're correct,you're going to have to check old business records more than likely.Your local library can direct you to your city's archives.The library should also have old newspapers on microfilm.Old adverts are another useful research tool.[;)]It also would be a good idea to join your area's bottle collecting club,if one exists.There would be a lot of localized info available from the membership.(Kind of like here![:D])

Good luck!

KAT

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC