Help identifying an old Anheuser Busch bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
I saw an old bottle today and the guy told me it was a 1900 beer bottle by Anheuser Busch. The bottle was aqua with an applied top. The only markings on the bottle were an AB 333 on the base. The AB looked like one stamp with the AB kind of running together.

Is this an old Anheuser Busch Bottle?

Thanks, Chuck.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi chuck, the AB mark is the american bottling co. 1905-1929. according to "glass factory marks on bottles" site. i relied on this site a lot when i 1st started collecting. interesting information there about the confusion with anheuser bush. rhona

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I was thinking about going back and buying the bottle for my collection because I thought it might have been a pre prohibition beer bottle.

Thanks again!

Chuck,

beaudop2

Reaction score
I am new to this site and I also have a bottle with a white porclean stopper that has the markings AB then under that there is L2. Could anyone give me any info on this item. Thanks Paul

epackage

Reaction score
Pic's would be a great help beaudop....Jim...Welcome to the site...are the marks on the stopper or the bottle?

beaudop2

Reaction score
The markings are on the bottom of the bottle. The A & B are attached and the L2 are under them with a space in between them.

rockbot

Reaction score
I believe the AB bottles are tooled tops. I've never seen one with an applied top. They are very common bottles so don't pay to much for one.

Aloha, Rocky

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raven604