I need help identifying this insulator.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I have this small, green, star embossed insulator that I know nothing about. All I want know is the CD number, how old it is, and what was the purpose of this particular mold. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Pictures:
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

If I need to post more pictures, please let me know. Thanks!

DavidW

Reaction score
What a gorgeous insulator!!! It is classed as a CD 112. There are several somewhat different profiles of 112s, including the "straight sided" kind, but yours is the "fatter" style and is often called a "KEG" and has more rounded slightly curved "fat" look.
The "Star" style insulators were marketed through General Electric, made by a number of different glassmakers, and there are a number of different styles, butthat is a telephone line style, a "transposition insulator" which has two grooves to carry two wires. It was often used on drop lines going to a house, from the back alley.
That's a nice green color. It probably dates from around 1900 to 1915 or so. That little chunk of "junk" in the dome adds a little more value also.

There are similar "keg" style CD 112s that were made by Ohio Valley Glass Company, of Pleasant City, Ohio. They are lettered "O V G CO" on the skirt ---- keep an eye out for those also!

Reaction score
What a gorgeous insulator!!! It is classed as a CD 112. There are several somewhat different profiles of 112s, including the "straight sided" kind, but yours is the "fatter" style and is often called a "KEG" and has more rounded slightly curved "fat" look.
The "Star" style insulators were marketed through General Electric, made by a number of different glassmakers, and there are a number of different styles, butthat is a telephone line style, a "transposition insulator" which has two grooves to carry two wires. It was often used on drop lines going to a house, from the back alley.
That's a nice green color. It probably dates from around 1900 to 1915 or so. That little chunk of "junk" in the dome adds a little more value also.

There are similar "keg" style CD 112s that were made by Ohio Valley Glass Company, of Pleasant City, Ohio. They are lettered "O V G CO" on the skirt ---- keep an eye out for those also!
Thanks a lot for this info, have fun in your collecting! ~Cheers!

dario

Reaction score
I have this small, green, star embossed insulator that I know nothing about. All I want know is the CD number, how old it is, and what was the purpose of this particular mold. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Pictures:
View attachment 237174
View attachment 237175View attachment 237176

If I need to post more pictures, please let me know. Thanks!
That is a CD 112 STAR in either light green ($5-10), green ($10-15), light yellow green ($15-20), or yellow green ($30-40). If you are selling it is YELLOW GREEN. IF you are buying it is LIGHT GREEN. LOL!!!! It is often difficult to tell the actual color on line so I just gave you the ranges. Cool piece. Feel free to call with any other questions. Dario

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday