Is this bottle worth anything?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RLMoeller

Reaction score
Is this bottle worth anything at all? It's probably made after 1900 because it holds 4 different liquors: Creme de Menthe, Triple Sec, Parfait Amour and Curacao Sec. Each section of the round bottle body is individually formed and divided into 4 sections, each has it's own opening at the top with a tiny cork. I have never seen one before, so even if it's not old, it's certainly odd. The bottle was "made in France"--stamped in the glass at the bottom. But the bottle was "imported by the Bercut Vandervoort & Co., San Francisco, Calif." The red paper seal is broken but still hanging on it.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Welcome RL. I don't think that the bottle is an antique but it is interesting. Not sure about the value, but my guess is that it's worth a few bucks.

DIGGIN DOC

Reaction score
MY PARENTS HAD A LIQUOR DECANTER BOTTLE LIKE THAT BACK IN THE 60'S. I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS COOL (FOR TAKING SAMPLES WHEN THEY WEREN'T AROUND HE-HE)[;)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Is this bottle worth anything at all? It's probably made after 1900 because it holds 4 different liquors: Creme de Menthe, Triple Sec, Parfait Amour and Curacao Sec. Each section of the round bottle body is individually formed and divided into 4 sections, each has it's own opening at the top with a tiny cork. I have never seen one before, so even if it's not old, it's certainly odd. The bottle was "made in France"--stamped in the glass at the bottom. But the bottle was "imported by the Bercut Vandervoort & Co., San Francisco, Calif." The red paper seal is broken but still hanging on it.

< Message edited by RLMoeller -- 10/15/2012 8:37:41 PM >

Hello and welcome to this FORUM. I have always been fascinated by multiple cavity bottles. There are two cavities that have been stuck together while hot. Three and four cavities with neat glass stoppers. One of my four cavity bottles consists of four bottles held together by a neat metal framing holder. Unfortunately I don't have the four curved stem stoppers for the bottles.
In my opinion, the hardest thing to do would be making the ones that required being stuck together while still hot. This would almost require two bottle makers blowing each part at the same time and then joining them together. I haven't found any written studies on this trick.
Welcome to you. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS