Lessons Learned

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
I have discovered a common thread amongst successful self made businessmen.
They don't trust their sons to carry on the business unless they are actively on the
team until they die. By then, its up to the grandchildren to carry on the family legacy.

The grandchildren have been brought up to accept their grandfather's wealth and
distinction so take the opportunity to educate in their own interests. Some examples:

Harley-Davidson; the founder William Davidson co-invents a motorcycle and with the
help of his son, Willy Jr., ushers in a new era. Willie G. Davidson, the grandson,
goes off to design school, but later returns to head up the design department of H-D.

Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg

Closer to home, the founder of Pure Spring Beverages in Ottawa, David Mirsky starts a
soda business from the spring on Nanny Goat Hill. His son, Mervin goes off to war
and law school. He returns to help Dad improve the business. His grandson Peter,
takes over the family law business. If Pure Spring hadn't sold its interests I'll bet he
would have been at the helm today. I wonder what his children are doing these days?

Unknown-4.jpeg
Unknown-3.jpeg

AJ Delatour of NYC starts a lucrative soda business on Wall Street. His sons, under his supervision, carry on the family business. His grandson goes to design school and makes woman's hats. After the business fails, he starts up the soda business again using Grandpa's recipes.

Unknown-5.jpeg
Unknown-6.jpeg

Attachments

• Unknown-5.jpeg
    Unknown-5.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 18

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51