Lookin for Mojo (in all the wrong places)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lordbud

Reaction score
My digging partner has been super-busy with family and career the past few maybe several months. I just keep on working my retail job. I try to remember to be thankful I'm in good stead at work. I haven't had my full-time hours cut much at all. The weeks fly by. August almost literally disappeared before I knew it was here.
I haven't added more than a handful of bottles to my collection the past 6 months. No real digging to speak of either. I "dig" more bottles on ebay and the couple of shows I attend each year than I do by real digging or exploring activities. To keep the collecting bug alive, I started a whole new collection of shoe-related advertising giveaways to keep the search interesting.
There are so many dumps back East still unfound, or just discovered. Here in California everything's covered in housing tracts, industrial "parks", sky-scrapers, most of the creeks have been "channelized" with ugly cement banks covering over any dumps forever (for all practical purposes). Life is okay I guess. I don't get my hopes up too often and that cuts down on the disappointment factor.

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Thanks for all the cool and interesting posts guys. I figured a bunch of you could relate. It is interesting to hear other peoples perspective.

I'm not spoiled. I know I've got a lot to be thankful for, and I know for sure there are many many who have it worse. I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I'm in a rut, but I'm a fighter, and I'm not going to stay down.

It's just interesting the way bottle digging can weave it's way in to your "real life" sometimes. I've been digging since 1970, however long ago that is. It really can become part of your DNA after that many years.

I hope to have some more cheerful digs to boast about one day soon. Hope all of you get some luck too.
Mark, your idea sounds like a great idea. I'll PM you.

Get busy diggin or get busy dyin !

sandchip

Reaction score
Bram, whatever your troubles are right now, I do hope things will get better, and believe that they will. I try to thank God at least once a day, for all the blessings He's laid on me, like my arms and legs and eyes and family and health and house and business and on and on and on, and all that seems to help me handle the rough spots a little easier, because I acknowledge that I don't really deserve even one of His gifts. I will pray for you, brother.

Dansalata

Reaction score
BRAM, I HAVENT DUG IN OVER A YEAR , SOMETIMES WHAT CHEERS ME UP IS TO RE-LIVE SOME OF MY PAST FINDS AND EXPERIENCES,THE THRILL OF FINDING SOME KILLER HISTORY,I ALSO COLLECT OTHER STUFF AND RECENTLY MY NEWEST FIND COME BY WAY OF 18 BOXES OF OLD 78 RECORDS, IT TOOK ME 2 DAYS TO UNPACK ALL OF THEM AND I REASEARCHED A LOT OF THE MUSICIANS AND SOME HAD REALLY INTERESTING LIVES,AND SOME HAD TRAGIC ONES, ANYWAYS THINGS USUALLY TURN AROUND FOR THE BEST BUT BECAUSE THE MAN UPSTAIRS IS IN CONTROL ITS NOT ALWAYS IN OUR TIME FRAME. TAKE CARE!!!!!!

SAbottles

Reaction score
Hey Bram, greetings & commiserations from a digger a long way away geographically, but very aware of what you are saying. I know of several digger/collectors over here who are also going through or have gone through pretty rough patches. The general economic downturn has hit us all hard. However it's great to see how many diggers have responded with sympathy & general good wishes. Having a great hobby/occupation like this certainly brings people together. Hope things improve.Remember - you never know what that next shovelful might expose!

beendiggin

Reaction score
You're due for a real good turnaround, Bram...I can see it coming.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisaObie