Maas & Schisler

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dixondw66

Reaction score
Hello all!

Looking for help from the gurus. I have this bottle I picked up a few years back and am looking for information on the company, specifically when were they in operation and what products did they sell? I collect antiques of all types, mostly whatever catches my eye. When I saw this bottle, it was too cool to pass up. The bottle reads "Maas & Schisler, St Louis Mo" and there is a nail-shaped metal object in the bottle.

Also, any tips on cleaning this up? Or should I leave the "patina" alone?

Thank you all! Cool website!

Attachments

• IMG_8121.jpg
    IMG_8121.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8122.jpg
    IMG_8122.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 50

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
Hello all!

Looking for help from the gurus. I have this bottle I picked up a few years back and am looking for information on the company, specifically when were they in operation and what products did they sell? I collect antiques of all types, mostly whatever catches my eye. When I saw this bottle, it was too cool to pass up. The bottle reads "Maas & Schisler, St Louis Mo" and there is a nail-shaped metal object in the bottle.

Also, any tips on cleaning this up? Or should I leave the "patina" alone?

Thank you all! Cool website!
A style of soda bottle used after 1870 and before 1900.

Hezezilla

Reaction score
I believe this is what's called a "gravitating stopper". It was a parallel design to the hutchinson and saw use primarily throughout the 1870s and 80s with lighting stoppers preceding (1860s) and hutchinsons succeeding (1880s-1910) this design. Specific dates require more localized research.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's the info your looking for. Formed in January of 1883 & sold Soda type beverages.
MaassSchisler3.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51