New but old here.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
I don't do a lot of digging. I'm hoping to do some more this year, but I mostly find my bottles in the woods just on the surface. I find some that are fairly old. Nothing older than 1920 though.

bne74honda

Reaction score
I watched yer shorts and gotta say I think you could have a lot of luck digging in the areas you find bottles lying about. I was a digger fer a good 20 years and always found, if something was lying in the open, digging produced more and often older finds. Old mine and logging camps would be likely places as they were often in use for decades. Old farms always produced for me. Also, any old roads crossing streams are gold mines as folks used to dump their trash in the streams and ponds. Over time these areas change and move so the finds are easily dug from the banks.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
We are actually in southern Ontario for the winter right now, but we will be going North within a couple weeks and I really want to do a lot more digging this year. There's this one logging camp that they probably built in the 20s and used up into the late 70s or early 80s. A stream runs though it. I counted around 7 or 8 cabins so far, but there's probably more. I have also found two surface dumps in one spot with mostly 60s and 70s bottles and cans and two dips in the dirt on the other side of the camp with some 40s bottles scattered around. The first two dumps have more stuff, but is newer and the other two holes which I think was probably a dump at one point is older, but there is less stuff on top. Which ones should I try digging first and what do you recommend I do at that site in general? I know they were there in the 20s because in one of the cabins there was one corner of the roof that was not collapsed and hanging from that part was an Orange Crush bottle from the 20s. Another interesting find was a Bren Gun cairrer from WW2. Look it up it's like a miniature tank!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229