Old Sistersville, WV. Coke Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandycattzz

Reaction score
Hi All and Thanks for the welcome!
Thank you so much for the replies!

I bought this bottle in a yard sale in Friendly WV.
I don't think it's a dug one.
(I am a marble collector and I dig for marbles here in WV. and have come across quite afew bottles while doing so)

I saw this unique bottle and just could not pass it up.

I thought the same thing about Frank Kuehne maybe bottling his own ...THEN turning the plant it into Coca Cola.
I did talk to a couple other loacals who informed me that he (Frank) only bottled Coca Cola the entire time he owned the plant.
I have one more lead though, He is a former Mayor who grew up here...as did his family. If anyone should know it would be him.

I will keep you posted as I get more information.

P.S.
Imentioned Frank having a son named "John"....actually his name is "Robert"
Thanks again for ALLLLL your Help!!!
Sandy :)

whiskeyman

Reaction score
SANDY...welcome to the Forum. He possibly bottled other flavors besides Coca-Cola and put them up in the bottle pictured. That was typical of most Coca-Cola Bottling Companies. Any label would have been on the side opposite the embossing.
My research notes include a list of West Virginia Hutchinson Soda bottles ( compliments of Albert Fulk)...He lists a Frank Kuehne Hutch from Sistersville...[8D]

sandycattzz

Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome and information Whiskeyman!

Researching bottles is as much fun as marbles. (I Love it!)

I have a few misc. bottles that I have dug up during my digging trip for marbles that I would like to post for you to have a look at for me.

rabbit05

Reaction score
This is my 1st time on here and just happen to buy a coke crate for 2 bucks at a auction yesterday, fig I could'nt go wrong with that. any ways the crate is yellow with sisterville on each end and coca cola on each side, the bottles that was in it say sisterville W. VA after reading this i went back and took a look again and 4 of the bottles have the W. VA in a dif. spot not sure what thats all about and some of the bottles say parkersburg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC