Pepsi Possibilities

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
About a month ago I saw a paper labelled Pepsi bottle that caught my curiosity.
It appeared to be a paper labelled variety heretofore never seen by me, a seasoned
collector of 50 years. It wasn't very expensive so I bought it. I had an inkling that
I was being taken and even expressed my feelings as such, but gave it the benefit of
the doubt. It turned out to be a scam. Someone had cut out a no drip label and pasted
to a carefully photo'd, worn out bottle from 1954. The exercise, not the bottle, was
priceless, and let me use my lab learned analytical skills to draw a conclusion

s-l500.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

Not long after that I spied another oddity. A Pepsi cap never seen before. It was cheap as
dirt and appeared to be worn and rusty. No attempt was made to defraud, as the low price implied.
The same skills were utilized and it appears, but not conclusively, that this first 1934 version may
have been used on the elusive 1933 Pepsi bottle. If a verified cap for this 1933 bottle every shows
up I can base my conclusions on that.

s-l500-2.jpg
Unknown-1.jpeg

In all of my theories, of which many have played out to be true, I have always used a forensic,
fact based approach. I may still get taken once in a while, but the fun is in finding out the truth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artsy