Bottle Cap Question - Pepsi 1933

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
is the bottle American or Canadian? I've seen completely authentic Canadian labels on US and UK bottles which was not unusual back then. Remember that they filled USED beer bottles to save money.

Last edited:

bottlebugs

Reaction score
This happened all the time. From its condition I am sure it's all original.
I heard a story once that Vancouver had the first dispensary of Coca-Cola
way before Toronto but it was syrup not bottled-and twice the price too!

Canadacan

Reaction score
This happened all the time. From its condition I am sure it's all original.
I heard a story once that Vancouver had the first dispensary of Coca-Cola
way before Toronto but it was syrup not bottled-and twice the price too!
Yes it did. Definitely original, it was authenticated by one prominent collector, who was offering an eye watering amount for it..lol
But it has a lot of sentimental vale as it came from a late friends collection.
In the book For God Country and Coca-Cola, it's been years since I've read it. They describe, I believe it was Asa Candler's son and associate, where sent to Vancouver to see what was up. The product was well on it way to their delight, and noted it was only available mainly at soda fountains for 10 cents a glass.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
..and that's where I heard it so many years ago....

Yes I have sentimental attachment to two bottles, that I gave to my wife....for safe keeping! They are technically not part of MY collection so I never count them. They will be her son's some day.

One is a 1950 Italian Coke and the other is a 1970 Greek Coke....she's short , dark and of Italian descent and I'm tall, fair and of Greek descent. The bottles match us. The Italian Coke is dark aqua, and 6 oz. The Greek bottle is clear, 11 oz and tall. Both are completely embossed and quite rare now.

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Nice to have something you really can relate to, and leave behind as a keep sake. I'd like to leave my grandson something but I have so much stuff I don't know what. I should really pick some stuff out and slip a note in with our will so that in case I depart suddenly he will receive them.
That's a whole other topic...lol!!!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
We have no grandkids yet but hoping! My Mom offered up a solution and put a piece of masking tape on the back of items we liked over the years, with our name written on them. I have a pair of English brass ship platters on my wall that I had admired since I was a baby. Not much else. Dad was a garbage picker so I was lucky they didn't end up in the garage with all his other junk.

I think my boy wants my motorcycle lol! Over my dead body eh? My daughter is a garbage picker just like Grandpa so there is nothing I can give her but my love.

Its funny. My daughter is short and dark, and the boy is tall and fair. Genetics are a mystery.

Last edited:

doubledot

Reaction score
I only know of three of these bottles that exist today all three are uncapped so I’m not sure what the crown would have looked like.
IMG_0150.jpeg
But

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51