Scratching around at a new site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

akronmarbles

Reaction score
Damn.....

Well - ended up digging 4 privies today - butt kiss. The last one that actually yielded anything kept filling up with water. Found a Pikes Peak but it was broken. A few pics after I eat a well deserved meal.

bottlecol345

Reaction score
OUCH! That one hurts. Would love to find anything that even come close to that.

-Chris

swizzle

Reaction score
Did you sacrifice a Rawleigh's? That might have made the difference. lol Sorry to hear that the honey dipper's beat you to those privy's. How deep did they turn out to be? Bummer about the pike's peak. Did you get enough of it for a decent glue together? Swizzle

akronmarbles

Reaction score
Dig pics....

This pic shows the 4 pits dug today.....
dig1.jpg

Tom holding a broken Pikes Peak. We bailed about 15 gal of water out of this pit - there were sooooo many seeds they were floating in each bucket full.
dig2.jpg

Damnit!!!!!!
dig3.jpg

Spoils....
dig4.jpg

diginit

Reaction score
RE: Dig pics....

I see a couple there I keep anyways. Any luck finding the dumpsite? Anyplace that old is worth a look.

kastoo

Reaction score

Keep that broken Lockport...you still may be able to get money on Ebay..I've seen heartbreakers worth thousands sell for hundreds broken.

grime5

Reaction score

if i ever get the time and are able to find an out house i.m sure i would keep every bottle that wasn,t broken. surely you don,t throw whole bottles back in do you. if you do just send them to me. later greg

madpaddla

Reaction score

Oh if I ever dug one of those. The dreams. Thanks for the awesome dig pics. I called someone on the forum and we checked this link together....both drooling. Thanks again. Ben

akronmarbles

Reaction score

I believe there still might possibly be one more privy to dig out. We did a test hole and found many large fill rocks but filled it in before leaving. It's kind of between the number 3 and 4 pits on the photo above. The hard part about this site is that there is no typical subsoil layer to probe into. The site is comprised of a sand loam down to about 6' - then it turns into a typical clay that the probe will not sink into. The probe would pretty much drop in all the way to the handle wherever you placed it. If we were anywhere else it would have been like shooting fish in a barrel as far as privy probing goes - we got lucky to find what we did only because we dug many test holes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC