Vernors Ginger Ale 150th B-Day

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
OK, I didn't read all that. So, which on of the 4 above did Coshocton make? LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'm sure if I went thru my boxes I can find more examples. I'd like to find one I know was from 1904 or before because either the brewery closed or changed it's name at that time but not sure what that would prove. What if Vernors used 2 or 3 different bottle makers. One that used the ABM crown tops much sooner then another Co. that still used the old tooled crown top technology to long. You'd assume the tooled non ABM must be the older bottle that came first but it's very possible maybe it's not. LEON.

SODABOB

Reaction score
SO, Since mine has #'s on heel bill sez not possible to be Coscocton. LEON.

Yes, that's the way I understand what Bill is saying. Which is the same as saying your bottles were made by Cohansey Glass (Downingtown, Pennsylvania)

SODABOB

Reaction score
Leon

I realize there's a lot to digest here - I'm having a challenge with a lot of it myself. So as not to get any more confused than what things appear to be right now, I'm going to try and laser-focus on Keith's C.G. CO. 14-3 bottle and use every clue I can muster up and try and date it within about two years. I'm already leaning toward it being pre 1905. Now I just need that little boost of a clue to confirm it. Your information has certainly helped the cause.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I just happened to find this very different version of an embossed quart Food & Drug Act bottle when looking for something else. It's the only one I have embossed like this. But, thought I'd throw it out there just for fun. No CG CO markings and the seam goes all the way to the top. So, a little later era bottle than we're talking about right now.

I think thats the other variation I said I seen before. But I thought the pure food thing was along bottom back, it could of been the front, don't remember as it was many years ago. But I'd say thats not a very common bottle, Only 2nd one I seen & the other one I seen might of been a smaller 10 or 12 oz. version. LEON.

SODABOB

Reaction score
By the way ...

It wasn't just Bill Lockhart who did the research on the Coshocton Glass and Cohansey Glass bottles. It was a collective effort by the entire Bottle Research Group (BRG). I know Carol Serr personally, (she lives in the San Diego area) and she is one of the most tenacious researchers I have ever met. That gal comes up with stuff that others didn't know even exist. The BRG may not get it right all of the time, but there is no bottle group I know of who digs deeper for facts than they do. Once they all retire, it will be a sad day for wanna' be researchers like myself.

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
Leon

Although not 100% conclusive, I think there is enough evidence pointing to the Cohansey Glass Company to at least warrant a closer look at them as a possible candidate for who made Keith's C.G. CO. 14-3 bottle. I might come to a fork in the road later that requires reevaluating things, but for the time being I'm taking the Cohansey path and see where it leads. Which hopefully doesn't turn into a dead-end.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC