What is whittled?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello. Well I have been working on an answer to your question. I am fairly new to this FORUM operation. In fact I am still learning how to work my way around in it. But I have realized for a long time that the term Whittled is not suitable to what we are seeing in the glass that was formed against a mold section that was too cold. The making of anything out of glass is a process of controlled heat loss in each stage of it happening.
My new post going on my homepage will cover this subject some more.

RED Matthews http://www.bottlemysteries.com

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi, I just went through this list of replies and contacts. I thought I had sent one to you, but I guess not. I get lost in this great Forum activity because I am still new to using it. Anyway go to my homepage http://www.bottlemysteries.com and then go to the box for blogs, and there is one there about Cold Mold Ripple. I posted the first paragraph of that blog here on the Forum and got all kinds of replies. But the blog tells what it is and what causes it. I realize that the terms Whittle and Hammered are never going away, but you can't pick corn until you plant and hoe the plants. RED Matthews

bamascavenger

Reaction score
what size lid does this midget take? I know an antique shop out in the country down here that has box loads of mason lids, i just would not know which one to get for you. if someone would give me a pic and sizes I will try and find one and if i do i will let you know what the price is an mail it to you for actual cost plus actual shipping. Terry.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artsy