19th Century Aqua Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OttoMD

Reaction score
Hey all,
I found this bottle at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. It was the only one that was a blob top and wasn't chipped or cracked. I believe it's Cunningham (or Cunninghams) and Ihnsen which would put it between 1866 and 1878, am I right? It seems to be in really good shape for its age as well. Any idea what this might be worth? Thanks.
20240611_084852.jpg
20240611_084917.jpg
20240611_084905.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
your right on age/time frame but being a no name Slick will greatly reduce it's value unfortunately.

OttoMD

Reaction score
your right on age/time frame but being a no name Slick will greatly reduce it's value unfortunately.
Thanks for your input, also for the term "slick." What do you think it would sell for, like ten bucks?

Skoda

Reaction score
C & I seems to be a plausible match up with Cunningham and Ihmsen, though it definitely dates to the late 1870's with that Lightning closure, which really started to take off in popularity around that time. Cunningham as a company continued past 1878, seemingly dropping the Ihmsen name in 1879. As far as value goes, blank slug plate/slick blob top beers like this almost never have much of a collector's interest unfortunately, even with a manufacturer's mark. Still an attractive piece of hand blown glass though, always love seeing Lightning closures that are fully intact like that.

OttoMD

Reaction score
C & I seems to be a plausible match up with Cunningham and Ihmsen, though it definitely dates to the late 1870's with that Lightning closure, which really started to take off in popularity around that time. Cunningham as a company continued past 1878, seemingly dropping the Ihmsen name in 1879. As far as value goes, blank slug plate/slick blob top beers like this almost never have much of a collector's interest unfortunately, even with a manufacturer's mark. Still an attractive piece of hand blown glass though, always love seeing Lightning closures that are fully intact like that.
Yeah some of the cork stopper is still there too.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29