3 of a kind!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mbsbox

Reaction score
Hello bottle fans. I was back on the bicycle trail last weekend and came across yet another former "open space" tract of land here in central NJ that has been bought/sold and now in the latter stages of demolition-construction. Another mega warehouse on the way where a gorgeous old growth forest used to stand. Terrific. Having had some luck a few years ago on similar kinds of ground I explored the margins of the site for any sign of treasure. The bulldozers left very little intact but I headed into a clearing where some trees still stood and found a good sized dump hole. I poked and prodded and a few old mayo jars and beer bottles became evident but nothing really interesting. Until I noticed something I'd seen before and recovered in the past. A narrow/tall clear thick glass jar of unknown origin and purpose now becomes the 3rd one I've collected. Got it home, cleaned it and compared it to the other 2 in my closet and, yep, exactly the same. As you can see the jars are 6.25 inches tall and 1.5 inches wide. What's interesting here is that even though they appear identical, the bottoms reveal they were actually all made in different places with different maker marks. These are obviously meant to fit a cork or stopper of some kind but there is no branding of any kind. Does anyone know what these bottles are or what they contained? Or approximately how old? I was thinking first half of 1900's or earlier, possibly some type of food jar or maybe pharmacy glass. Any help is always appreciated. Cheers, Matt.

Attachments

• 3Glass3.JPG
    3Glass3.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 3Glass1.JPG
    3Glass1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 3Glass4.JPG
    3Glass4.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Members online

Latest threads