Looking for some information on a "pink" bottle... before 1900?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that this is a modern decorative bottle. The seam actually does go to the top of the lip, I can see that quite clearly in the second and third photos. It looks like one of the bottles made on those weird non-Owens machines which cause the lip seam to be offset from the main body seam. The shape is oddly close to a utilitarian poison bottle, but that thick base doesn't make much sense for that. The colour does look like SCA but I think that's a coincidence, because it's also a colour that just looks nice in a window.

Coled18

Just a baby
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that this is a modern decorative bottle. The seam actually does go to the top of the lip, I can see that quite clearly in the second and third photos. It looks like one of the bottles made on those weird non-Owens machines which cause the lip seam to be offset from the main body seam. The shape is oddly close to a utilitarian poison bottle, but that thick base doesn't make much sense for that. The colour does look like SCA but I think that's a coincidence, because it's also a colour that just looks nice in a window.
I agree, looks more like a more modern piece with artistic facets from various eras. It could be art deco era but the dimpling on the glass is a more modern “trend” in art glass (to mimic 1800s dimpling).

timeandabottle

Reaction score
Although it's nice looking with those thousands of bubbles and what knot, I have to agree with many of the comments. My first thought was modern, second thought was poison, third thought was its an intentional color-not sca, fourth thought was literally no wear on the base. Final thought-Neat but modern. I'm not an expert though!

historic-antiques

Reaction score
Another bottle out of the bunch that I found. It's a "pink" colored bottle that I believe is a pre-1900 manufactured bottle as the seam does not go through the lip. It has a pebbled band for about 1/3 of the bottle. Heavy bottom... no markings. Lots of air bubbles though!View attachment 258433
If any can shed some light on this one, it will be much appreciated!
Thanks and enjoy the rest of the weekend! View attachment 258432View attachment 258434View attachment 258435
It looks like a liquor decanter, especially when you mentioned it had a heavy bottom and no markings. Common with old decanters, even today's. Its stopper is missing. A beautiful little treasure, just find a snug stopper and a good whisky!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmoser