A REAL CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! HUGE TREASURE CACHE FOUND!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Great find Mike,truly a once in a life time event. Enjoyed your video also.... Merry Christmas to you!!!

jonahtroy

Reaction score
So Cool!! I was just metal detecting with the one i got for christmas and I found some pretty neat stuff. Amazing find though :D

AlexD

Reaction score
Wow! Keep the coins, NO NOT SELL THEM UNLESS THEY'RE RARE. Not a lot of people know about it, but Silver is now as rare as Platinum. They say by 2020 Silver will be the first element on the table to be gone forever. Almost all the Silver in the ground (nuggets) have been dug out. Silver is used in almost every electronic, growing every year. They use millions and millions of pounds a year for Coffee makers, Dishwashers, etc. China, as well as many other countries have ordered for BILLIONS of Solar Panels to be made by 2020. It takes nearly 2/3 of an oz of Silver to make just one. It's going fast[;)] Yet again, nice finds! Be sure they're safe! You already have a few hundreds worth. By 2020, maybe enough to by a house[;)]

NyDigger1

Reaction score
thanks everyone, video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X0P_SYoleI&list=UUJ20KK9BQ5grR3imGXChf7A&index=1

Didnt go through anything yet, just rinsed and set them out. I let them dry overnight so the loose stuff could crumble off, will soak later and let everyone know if there are any rare dates, The value of them, just as silver is about $770.

This is just as good as the gold coin I detected a few years ago [8D], not my pic, but its the same year as the one I have.

BC690AUNC.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

AlexD

Reaction score
One thing I used to clean regular coins is lemon juice. I'm not sure if you should use it on silver of not.[8|]

NyDigger1

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AlexD

One thing I used to clean regular coins is lemon juice. I'm not sure if you should use it on silver of not.[8|]

NONONO, Its like acid to the coin. this is what I do.

I use these methods:

Gold Coins: NOTHING (dont even rub it with a tooth brush)

Silver Coins:

If coins are in good shape:
warm water, soap, tooth brush

If coins are caked / non visible date:
1: Electrolysis- run an electrical current of 16-20V through the coin in sat water using a battery adapter. This gets the crud off but leaves black staining
2: Clean the blackened coin with baking soda, soak in a cup, about 15 drops lemon juice and the rest warm water, for 2 hours, no more because then the coin will permanently turn yellow
3: put it in the tumble for about 5 hours

Copper coins:
Good shape: nothing
Bad shape: tumbler for about 48 hours

Plumbata

Reaction score
WOW!

That is extraordinary, a huge congratulations to you!

That bank alone would be a good find, but overflowing with silver too? Incredible!

When you get a chance am curious what the last year represented is, and I would likewise like to know if there are any key date mercs in there. If you pull a '16 D or 1942/1 outta there I'll be speechless. [:)]

Also, dunno if you frequent the Treasurenet metal detecting forums, but if you posted this discovery in the "Today's Finds" forum you would really liven the place up, and the cache would probably get voted as a "banner" find, which would get ya a boatload of respect and admiration from that community. Be one heckuva way to make an entrance. [:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Wouldn't electrolysis be the obvious answer for cleaning them?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC