Already overwhelmed. Too many bottles - organization tips needed.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mandy76

Reaction score
I unloaded the 8 crates of bottles from my aunt (in an attempt to take stock of what I've got here) and I have to say, whoa. I'm a bit overwhelmed at this point. I thought, I'll just research all these bottles and make a spreadsheet and add pictures and do this, that and the other, but having them all laid out, there's just so many. I know bottles with embossing are favorable over those that aren't (or I could be wrong). About 90% of the bottles on the table have embossing, the other 10% I just started putting there if I liked the shape, color or thought they were older. I need a system but I'm struggling getting this many bottles organized. What would you look for in this sea of bottles?
IMG_5845.JPEG
IMG_5836.JPEG
IMG_5835.JPEG

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Some of the older embossed pop bottles looks nice to me, but you'd have to look at each bottle to know for sure. Definitely looks like you have some great stuff there.

mandy76

Reaction score
Some of the older embossed pop bottles looks nice to me, but you'd have to look at each bottle to know for sure. Definitely looks like you have some great stuff there.
That's what I was afraid of LOL! I just wanted to make a bottle wall, I didn't think she'd be bringing antiques for me to research bottle by bottle. But I don't mind a challenge. Just overwhelmed a bit. I might get some of those tags with the string to hang on the neck so I can put notes on them.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of LOL! I just wanted to make a bottle wall, I didn't think she'd be bringing antiques for me to research bottle by bottle. But I don't mind a challenge. Just overwhelmed a bit. I might get some of those tags with the string to hang on the neck so I can put notes on them.
I really like the looks of them. I'd definitely pay money for them and I'm sure others would too. I can't tell you exactly for each bottle, but on average I'd say $15 each. Some of them more, some of them less.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The soda bottles definitely stand out to me as well, especially one with an internal thread stopper and another with a bullet stopper. I have no idea how desirable those particular ones are to Australian collectors, but those are the Australian equivalent to Hutchinson bottles in the US (as in, a generally desirable category of bottles no matter what is embossed on them, although some are far more desirable than others). The medicines could definitely be good ones too, depending on the embossing. That Clement's Tonic stood out to me initially but it looks like it's actually a pretty common bottle in Australia.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisaObie