Orange Crush - US "Mae West" Bottles, 1955 to 1959 (First 5 Years)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shadeone

Reaction score
I can now officially confirm the existence of a three-dot neck variant of the orange crush "DRINK" labeled bottle. Previously, as seen in the first post, I had only seen a two-dot with the "drink" and two-dot and three-dot versions of the bottles without the "drink" line, leading me to believe that a three-dot "drink" had to be out there somewhere.

From 1957:
y0Aeld.jpg

mrosman

Reaction score
No Ray, I am not doing anything other than following along with the occasional commentary. If I still had my collection, perhaps... as I have learned a lot from you fellow O.C. collectors in the past few years. I will await yourself and others to pick up the 'ball' and run on with it. I also enjoy offering help and/or advice to anyone interested in O.C.

NuGrape Kid

Reaction score
I've been trying to collect all of the US variants of the "draped" or "Mae West" bottles of the 1950s. They came out in 1955. Here is what I have so far:
YiiTqX.jpg

On the left are the standard "Orange Crush" marked bottles and on the right are the ones marked "Orange Crush Drink".
There are various neck markings including a small green "Orange Crush", a small white "Orange Crush", three dots around the neck, and two dots around the neck.
For the "drink" variants, I've been able to find the no neck logo, the small white "Orange Crush" and the two dotted neck.

I'm now looking for proof of the existence of the following bottles, with a 1950s date code:
Orange Crush "Drink" with small green "Orange Crush" logo on neck
Orange Crush "Drink" with 3 dots on neck

In the 1960s, there are bottles where the word "Orange" was removed from above the word "Crush". Most likely so they could put other flavors in the same bottle.
hvEUEq.jpg

The change happened in the neck logo as well:
UU5CTX.jpg

I have seen proof of a 1959 dated bottle without the "Orange" word but it was a Canadian bottle. Looking for proof that a US one exists. The earliest US bottle I've been able to find is 1960.

Another change that happened was the addition of the contents below the word "Crush":
lElWPo.jpg

Trying to find what year this happened as well...

shadeone

Reaction score
I was only paying attention to the logo variants, not content sizes.
Also do you have a confirmed brown Mae West bottle from 1955 to 1959? I didn’t think those came out until the 1960s.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I was only paying attention to the logo variants, not content sizes.
Also do you have a confirmed brown Mae West bottle from 1955 to 1959? I didn’t think those came out until the 1960s.
The only US Mae West without 'Orange' I believe is 7oz...mine is dated 1963, nothing that I know of for 55-59.
Yes correct the brown did not come out till the 60s, in fact the year was 1965.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisaObie