BIG CHIEF ACLs WITH "STATE" IMAGES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlingco

Reaction score
SODAPOPBOB:
I believe, unless I'm forgetting something, you have the complete list of the ones with state images.
The other states, such as AZ, MT. and such, do not have state outlines on the label.

In regards to Utah, there are several cities that have a state outline. There are differences in some of them as far as the texture of the bottle or the neck label, etc. In fact, this is the case with most of the states, especially Mississippi. Apparantely, when they came to work in the morning, they couldn't remember what the bottle looked like from the previous day! Seriously though, there are a great deal of different cities and varieties within the cities from Mississippi.

Also, the Gonzales, TX one that you posted is a difficult one to find. It is noticeably different because it is a thinner 10 oz. version, whereas the other 3 state map image versions from Texas are all 12 oz.

I may, but not sure, have a duplicate of the Fredricksburg, TX one with a state map. It is difficult to find and noticeably different than the others. I do have other dupes, but none have the state map.
bottlingco

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
bottlingco ~

Thank you again for all the valuable information. Now all I have to do is get my hands on the ones I'm missing. I understand what you were saying about the same state, but from different towns. Mainly I was just curious as to how many different actual state ones there were. Now I know ... thanks to you.

So it looks like I only need seven more to complete the series ... or is it six? Lol [:D] Don't tell anyone, but I'm "watching" a nice New Mexico Big Chief on e-Bay right now! I hope I get it!

Thanks,

SPB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
IT'S OFFICIAL!

I now only have six "state image" Big Chief's to go to complete the series of ten. The New Mexico bottle I posted earlier (image borrowed from e-Bay) is now mine. I was the only bidder last night and got it for $38.59 (which includes shipping and handling). I'm happy with the price (at least based on California standards) and can't wait until it gets here. So in case anyone is wondering what one of these is worth, well ... now you know. (And if anyone replies back and says they would have sold me one for ten-bucks, I'll scalp'em !) Lol [:D]

Thanks,

SPB

4B5B8D5CD5E84657859584AD6BF43BBD.jpg

Attachments

• 4B5B8D5CD5E84657859584AD6BF43BBD.jpg
    4B5B8D5CD5E84657859584AD6BF43BBD.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 77

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I received my Raton, New Mexico Big Chief bottle today that I mentioned buying off e-Bay, and posted a photo of in my last post. I'ts absoloutely beautiful, and in almost perfect conditon. The seller apparently isn't all that familar with vintage soda bottles, and in their description was only able to "guess" that it was from the 1950s. Which is the main reason I'm posting this message now, because this is the first bottle I have ever seen where the date is mingled in with the textured embossing on the "heel" of the bottle. It required a magnifying glass to find it ... and I was totally surprised when I saw the full date of 1957 hidden among the embossing. The only other mark is on the base, and is a capital C inside of a circle which, according to my book, stands for the Chattanooga Glass Co., of Tennessee. I tried to photograph the hidden date, but my camera just won't pick it up clearly.

Take care,

SPB

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRizzi