Can cleaning results

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Johnny Rocky

Reaction score
I just put my cans in an container that is close to the size of the can to save on juice then fill it up inside and out. I let mine soak overnight.
Yeah see the problem that I have is that most of the cans I find have been crushed and are too rusty so that I can't unbend them properly. Pretty disappointing cause I just found a beer that I've never heard of.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Yeah see the problem that I have is that most of the cans I find have been crushed and are too rusty so that I can't unbend them properly. Pretty disappointing cause I just found a beer that I've never heard of.
Probably a reason old soda and beer cans are starting to gain value - they were all tossed outside and have rusted away! I've cleaned a few on my own, either using lemon juice or CLR, though you have to be attentive with the CLR - it will eat just about everything on the can if you leave it for too long.

Johnny Rocky

Reaction score
Good to know on the CLR, the latest can I found was a 50s bulls beer. Still crushed though. PXL_20240806_142727314.jpg

Johnny Rocky

Reaction score
Yeah kinda an interesting thing around here is that there's barely anything before 40s - 50s and barely anything after.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51