Estate sale finds in CT

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Strapside

Reaction score
Two days ago, I hit a home run at an estate sale here in Conn. Three bottles with open pontils, some other nice bottles and one nice strapside, which is what I collect. I will post some photos but can provide others if needed. One of the photos shows how the pourer was made on the master ink bottle. It was done with an instrument resembling a pair of needle nose pliers. The opposite side of the pourer matches the side you are seeing. The Dr. Langley's is a very nice bottle as are most of the others. The second bottle in photo 1 is a Wells, Miller, Provost pepper sauce bottle and the one next to it is similar, but later and not marked. The Wells bottles has an open pontil. In photo 2 the second bottle is a Springfd Brewers bottle with backward Ss and an open pontil. The one to it's right is a SANDS's Sarsaparilla New York bottle with an open pontil. Ask any questions you wish, I'll try to help.

IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1752.JPG
IMG_1754.JPG
IMG_1756.JPG
IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_1758.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG
IMG_1763.JPG
IMG_1764.JPG

embe

Reaction score
Nice, wish I could find some that old around here

Strapside

Reaction score
I need one of you to tell me the best way to photograph a bottle to show the embossing. My photos are not impressive.
Thanks

Coled18

Just a baby
Reaction score
I need one of you to tell me the best way to photograph a bottle to show the embossing. My photos are not impressive.
Thanks
Strapside, there is a thread on this website for photography. I myself struggle with photographing bottles too. User Harry Pristis has some great tips on this link.

Sometimes, you can get away with natural lighting and you’d just have to provide a background. Here is my Dr Langleys with natural light, and with a paper background. The white backdrop provided for some reflection and let the embossing come through a little nicer, at least in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1091.jpeg
    IMG_1091.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32

sandchip

Reaction score
Great scores! If I found even one of those at any of the crap sales and stores around here, I'd think I had hit a home run.

Reactions: Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
So.-Central CT has some great bots! Congrats. :cool:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29