Hat Trick

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Bottle Bugs,
Thanks. TX fell apart this year and are currently falling away from the playoffs. (They s*%k too.) At least, you took 3 of 4 recently, from us. ..I've been to several European countries and elsewhere in the world but Ireland is my favorite. (The only negative is they drive on the left side.) If I ever go to a bottle shop with you I'll wear that hat!

bottlebugs

Reaction score
Thats a promise I'll hold you to! (BTW I'm a Yankees fan...shhh. Don't tell Boston). ;)

Driving on the left is wild. I did it in the Barbados and never got used to it.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
BB,
Yes, me either. The road network in Ireland is old but the EU has poured a lot of $ into it in the last quarter century. Don't be surprised to see horses even in Belfast's suburbs. Your Irish heritage will be fulfilled after going there. There are sooo many unexpected positives. ..If your Mrs. isn't as I wasn't, she'll still be very glad she went and understand you even more so.. Btw, our house is divided. The Mrs. is a Yankees fan too. ;)

bottlebugs

Reaction score
just glad they're finished with the troubles! My girl doesn't watch baseball. I have
even been to the green monster but didn't dare wear a Yankee cap...too many
Southies around me. I wore a Ottawa Sens jersey to a Toronto playoff game and
nearly got killed. Now I am a Flyers fan but that's another story.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
BB,
Like many sports fans you're one with a lot of stories. You were wise to be careful in Boston. They're sometimes not too tolerant of visiting fans. ..I'm an ole Whalers guy. Have friends in FL so now I lean Panthers/NY Rangers. FL people are pretty cool about things. A lot of them are from my neck of the woods originally. No biggie. Well, keep loving sports. You don't have to watch the Olympics to know they tie people and nations together. ..Btw, regarding Ireland, the violence may be over but they have parade season every year and emotions run high. When I went to the Irish Republic, c.2000, N. Ireland was off limits.

bottlebugs

Reaction score
You are right about the sports. Especially if you are on the winning team. I witnessed the evening that the Red Sox broke their hundred year curse. The air was electric. They went from that game to go on and win the World Series.

My Mom was concerned about us celebrating St. Patrick's Day when I was young. She suggested I wear something orange. I can see why her ancestors left Holywood. The parades followed her family to Ottawa. Now nobody knows what an Orangeman is.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcrawford51