Have you ever bought any glass jars from this website?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mohib

Reaction score
I'm considering buying jars as I plan to start my own pickle business. What type of jars would be the best option for me? I was browsing this website (https://www.thecarycompany.com/containers/glass/jars) and noticed they offer jars in bulk at reasonable prices, along with lids. Can you advise on the best choice?
Seeking expert opinions.

Vetus Vitrum

Reaction score
My personal opinion is, if you are a small local business pay a little extra for your containers and buy a jar that is manufactured in the United States such as Anchor, I believe that in itself has an appeal to customers. I looked over the website you mentioned and found no mention of where the containers are manufactured but noticed a location in San Diego, which hints at something to me. This is my opinion.

Mohib

Reaction score
My personal opinion is, if you are a small local business pay a little extra for your containers and buy a jar that is manufactured in the United States such as Anchor, I believe that in itself has an appeal to customers. I looked over the website you mentioned and found no mention of where the containers are manufactured but noticed a location in San Diego, which hints at something to me. This is my opinion.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but there are multiple types of jars, and I'm confused as to which I should move forward.

Vetus Vitrum

Reaction score
I am a fan of the classic home canning jar shape. I particularly like the ones with the measurements on the edge. It would be cool to have a custom embossed aqua jar, that would stand out. A great product, a well designed label and a sturdy jar will sell. I looked over a few websites and after a minimal search the one posted below stood out a bit. I couldn't find one that with the other previous mentioned factors, (measurements, custom embossing) but I bet they are out there. This is just my opinion, the only one that matters is yours, weighing cost against the design is a struggle. I hope you will post a photo of your end product.
From the website: Anchor Hocking Quart Canning Jars have a softened square shape with smooth sides and shoulders. The smooth and unbranded sides make Anchor Hocking canning jars easy to label. The versatility of these jars is endless, and home canners enjoy the contemporary style and know that they can use two-piece regular-mouth canning lids and process their fruits, vegetables, and other canning favorites using these quart canning jars. We offer these jars with wholesale discount levels, making them a favorite for everyone! Anchor Hocking canning jars are MADE in the USA!

Martenrat

Reaction score
Good evening. I happen to work for a pasta sauce/ hot sauce/ BBQ sauce manufacturer here in Buffalo NY. You need to touch base with some distributors you can find on line and be totally realistic on your projected yield - jar amounts and have them give you a quote. The big manufacturers like Anchor won't even talk to you unless your projected needs are in the thousands of cases at a time. Keep in mind some distributors also put minimum amounts needed to place an order, and these numbers too are big numbers. Good luck on your venture and secure a market before you produce. That is harder to do than the production itself.

Mohib

Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, for sharing your opinion. I will do a little bit more research, and then I'll make my decision. I'll probably go with a distributor, www.thecarycompany.com, because it's just a start.

Thank you again.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby29